You and your family are cordially invited to attend the Wheaton Chinese Alliance Church 40th Anniversary Celebration!
Please join us along with our founding pastor, Rev. David and Mrs. Nancy Wong.
Date: Saturday, April 7, 2018
Time: 5:30-9:00pm Dinner at 6pm
Place: Sheraton Lisle (Savoy Ballroom)
3000 Warrenville, Road
Lisle, IL. 60532
Banquet cost: $20 adult / $15 student (junior high - college) / $10 children (under 12)
The Next Forty Years:
Celebrating God's Faithfulness, Maturing in the Spirit, and Pursuing the Fullness of Christ
日期: 六, April 7, 2018
時間: 5:30-9:00pm 晚餐 6pm
地點: Sheraton Lisle (Savoy Ballroom)
3000 Warrenville, Road
Lisle, IL. 60532
費用：成人$20 / 學生(初中 - 大學) $15 / 小童（十二歲以下）$10
未來四十歲月: 同頌神恩信實, 追求靈命成長, 滿有基督豐盛
Wheaton Chinese Alliance Church (WCAC) is an evangelical, Christ-centered church located in the western suburbs of Chicago. Our church consists of about three hundred members, reflecting a diverse cultural heritage including Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Mainland China. We have immigrants and those who were born here. We minister to all generations. We have three worship services of about 100 each in English, Mandarin and Cantonese. More than twenty small groups and fellowships meet regularly. Our youth ministry cares for the needs and spiritual growth of teenagers.
WCAC is searching for a Senior Pastor to lead and serve with the elders and other staff pastors to shepherd our church in fulfilling its vision and mission.
Some distinctive responsibilities of our Senior Pastor are the following:
• Work with elders, pastors and other staff to discern God’s will and set forth vision for WCAC to fulfill its mission, as one body with three language ministries. Then formulate ministry plans and lead the church to carry out the plans (1 Peter 5:1-3).
• Lead and mentor a multi-cultural staff team. Equip and empower church members for ministries by teaching, discovering, developing and deploying their spiritual gifts (Ephesians 4:11-13).
• Recognize the situations and needs of a culturally and generationally diverse church family.
The Senior Pastor candidate should also exhibit the following attributes:
• Be an ordained C&MA minister, or be able to be ordained as a C&MA minister and satisfy the qualifications of the C&MA for Senior Pastors (https://www.cmalliance.org/serve/qualifications).
• Believe the Bible to be God’s Word and affirm the C&MA Statement of Faith (https://www.cmalliance.org/about/beliefs/doctrine).
• Have a Master of Divinity or equivalent.
• Must be called by God for gospel ministry and exemplify a godly character by leading a God-honoring life.
• Excellent preaching/teaching based on insightful understanding of Scripture.
• Knowledge and skill in preserving unity.
• Have substantial experience in preaching, teaching, and pastoral caring in multiple-language settings.
• Be able to conduct meetings in English and preach in one of our languages, namely English, Mandarin or Cantonese.
Applicants should provide the following materials. All materials are held strictly confidential by the pastoral search committee. We would appreciate receiving the materials in digital form (email@example.com):
• Brief description of your background and why you want to be Senior Pastor.
• Your personal testimony and declaration of faith.
• Testimony of your calling to full-time Christian ministry and growth experience.
• Your approach to pastoral ministry and service.
• Links to two recent sermons (or the actual digital files). If there is no recording, please provide sermon notes.
• Brief description of your family situation.
• At least three references.
This Christmas season come join us to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. Enjoy an exciting multimedia live performance for the entire family. This performance is multilingual for English and Chinese speaking audience. Snacks and refreshments after performance. Invite your friends and neighbors.